UFC 249 Weigh in Video~ Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Both UFC 249 title fights are now official after the four protagonists hit championship weight ahead of their bouts.
On scene and reporting live from Friday’s early and official UFC 249 fighter weigh-ins, where the socially distanced session went off without a hitch from a technical standpoint.
Staff members in close proximity with the fighters wore face masks, and the fighters stepped onto a sanitized scale. Media members and UFC staff members were situated in an appropriately distanced arrangement to allow for space between workers at the event.
All four title fighters on the card arrived on weight and ready. Interim lightweight title challengers Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje hit 155 pounds on the nose, while bantamweight champion Henry Cejudo and former champ Dominick Cruz did likewise, with both men coming in on the 135-pound championship limit.
UFC 249 takes place Saturday at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on ESPN and ESPN+.
The full UFC 249 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Tony Ferguson (155) vs. Justin Gaethje (155) – for interim lightweight title
- Champ Henry Cejudo (135) vs. Dominick Cruz (135) – for bantamweight title
- Francis Ngannou (261.5) vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik (260)
- Calvin Kattar (146) vs. Jeremy Stephens (150.5*)
- Yorgan De Castro (262) vs. Greg Hardy (265.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Donald Cerrone (171) vs. Anthony Pettis (170.5)
- Aleksei Oleinik (227.5) vs. Fabricio Werdum (243)
- Carla Esparza (115.5) vs. Michelle Waterson (115)
- Uriah Hall (186) vs. Ronaldo Souza (186)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass/ESPN+, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Vicente Luque (170) vs. Niko Price (170.5)
- Bryce Mitchell (145.5) vs. Charles Rosa (146)
- Sam Alvey (205) vs. Ryan Spann (206)
*Stephens missed the featherweight limit and will be fined 30 percent of his fight purse.